Monday, November 26, 2012

16. Were Cruzing On The Highway To A Cure Now!


I went in to the Fred Hutchinson clinic today, November 26, 2012,  to see Dr. Pagels P. A. and the trial coordinator after having blood work/labs done, and  were now officially off to the races on the ABT-199 clinical trial now as I went home today with a bottle of the pills.

I was told everything looked great from the first pill I took last Monday up to today.  They went as far as saying something about wanting to clone me as a patient. 

I guess a few people are getting fed up with having to wait so much and having to jump through so many hoops to get this trial drug going they simply voluntarily drop out by this time frame in the game.

I ask myself why? 

Why would someone who has failed most main stream treatments plans with either a refectory CLL/SLL or Lymphoma who gets accepted into a trial of a drug like this just up and simply drop out after investing so much of their time and themselves into something like this?

Do some of these people simply give up, go home and wait for the end?

Are some of these people afraid of using a drug that is so new that less than a handful of people have used, they decide to go back and try something a little more conventional, meaning something that didn’t work for them in the first place?  Even though this drug is doing such wonderful things for the people who have been on it so far?

Maybe some of these people decide they don’t want to be under such a big microscope?

Maybe this is why they make us little lab rats jump through so many hoops and run through so many mazes and take so many tests.  To prove we want this!

Myself? 

Retreat Hell!  I just got here!! 

I’m here to fight!  I’m here to win! 

I have a “golden ticket” now!

I’m here to put a lid on this beast “Leukemia/Lymphoma” once and for all!

I am doing this not only for myself, but for my wife and kids, for my grandkids, for my family and friends, and those coming up the path to fight the best behind me.

FCR chemo treatments, oral cytoxin chemo treatments, prednisone treatments, and 6 months of  infusions of Bendamustine/Rituxan treatments, may not have done the job for me.  But these last three years of taking these drugs did prime me, and enable me get to the point I am at now!

The gloves are off now cancer, you have met your match!  Time to kick some ass!

Never Ever Give Up!

1 comment: